In the case of the BEE, it is the number three which pervades its phenomena—
- In three days the egg of the queen is hatched.
- It is fed for nine days (3×3).
It reaches maturity in 15 days (5×3).
- The worker grub reaches maturity in 21 days (7×3).
- And is at work three days after leaving its cell.
- The drone matures in 24 days (8×3).
- The bee is composed of three sections,— head and two stomachs.
- The two eyes are made up of about 3,000 small eyes, each (like the cells of the comb) having six sides (2×3).
- Underneath the body are six (2×3) wax scales with which the comb is made.
- It has six (2×3) legs. Each leg is composed of three sections.
- The foot is formed of three triangular sections.
- The antennae consist of nine (3×3) sections.
- The sting has nine (3×3) barbs on each side.